STRATEGY & KEY FIGURES
Danone Nutricia Early Life Nutrition‘s priorities are to support mothers and babies to get the right nutrition in the first 1000 days - a critical window of opportunity for lifelong health.
STAND BY MUMS TO NURTURE NEW LIVES
We believe that by helping mums and babies get the right nutrition during the first 1000 days - from the start of pregnancy until her baby is two years old - we can and will positively influence their short- and long-term health outcomes. Together with our partners, we have always advocated the importance of nutrition for infants and young children, including breastfeeding. We are now broadening our horizons by expanding our support for each developmental stage during the first 1000 days. Alongside nutritional support through our education and services, we are introducing nutritious products for pregnant and breastfeeding women in an increasing number of global markets.
Find out more about Danone’s commitment to health and nutrition in the first 1000 days in our position paper.
This mission is our driving force - it motivates us all and influences every decision that we make. It isn't just what we say that's important to us, but why and how we make it happen.
NURTURING NEW LIVES MEANS SO MUCH MORE THAN SIMPLY MANUFACTURING PRODUCTS
We are passionate about open and collaborative partnerships - engaging with our stakeholders at global, regional and local level - to promote the importance of good health during the first 1000 days. We do this by:
- Promoting healthy nutrition in early life through educational programs and services for both parents and healthcare professionals.
- Actively encouraging and promoting the benefits of breastfeeding for both mother and child.
- Establishing common goals to measure improvement in dietary habits and improvement of short and long term health.
- Investing in scientific research in the field of early life nutrition, and work with healthcare professionals to develop innovative solutions to help improve the health of current and future generations.
IT’S NOT JUST WHAT WE DO, BUT HOW WE DO IT
We commit to ensure that our products are tailored to meet the appropriate nutritional needs of the different consumer groups for which they are produced, based on the latest science and on local nutritional insights.
PRODUCT QUALITY AND SAFETY
We assure high standards of quality and food safety for our products, by ensuring that quality is a top priority for every employee. We are also committed to delivering a quality and food safety environment which meets strict international standards, without compromise.
As a leader of the infant nutrition industry, we have a key role to play in both promoting and initiating change, including in the area of responsible and ethical marketing practices of BMS (breast milk subsitutes). We acknowledge the importance and adhere to the aims and principles of the WHO Code. You can discover more about our policies and procedures for the marketing of foods for infants and young children in :
- Danone policy for the marketing of breast milk substitutes
- Danone’s procedures manual for implementing its policy on the marketing of breast milk substitutes